How can you use SlideShare (PowerPoint combined with web 2.0) for eMarketing and branding purposes ? Basically, the same question is in my view relevant for Yahoo Answers, LinkedIn Answers, Scribd (Word 2.0), Twitter, Jaiku, YouTube, Flickr and even Joost in my view.
Meet Henry (see above) is a fascinating and effective example and answer to the question above. Why is this presentation in particular effective ?
- Sequencing of words and images
- Font size
- Few words
- Great storytelling and script / entertainment
- Balance of fun and relevant content
Why is SlideShare in general important for corporations and personal branding ?
- Promoting your proposition in an entertaining, engaging yet relevant way (and even having the option of e-mailing your participating audience)
- Become the most active reviewer/viewer/rater on SlideShare, establish your brand based on you in-depth expertise and your activity level within your specific domain
- Testing concepts, products and campaigns
- Backlinks (SEO + SMO) -> higher PageRank -> more visitors to your website
- Valuable feedback from viewers
- Tell-a-friend / social networking / viral features and benefits
- Optional: using buzz marketing for special open source marketing purposes
SlideShare can even be more beneficial for companies if this web app will integrate some of the web 3.0 metadata/RDF features from Joost. This would mean that SlideShare viewers could annotate particular slides within a presentation and share it in their social network (similar to the functionality of Fleck).