Last weekend I finished my yearly adventure during the International FilmFestival Rotterdam. This is one of my favorite periods during a year. So much creativity and culture! Just awesome. This year was my 10th year concerning this event. And it was a good year....better than the 2005 edition. Right here you can see for yourself what the Rotterdam people saw as the best movies around.
Below my favorite movies of this years' festival:
1. Cache (very subtle, original, intelligent and politically universal)
2. Me and You and Everyone We Know (highly original, almost dreamlike with captivating scenes)
3. Something like Happiness (Oscar nominee, moving and authentic)
4. Frozen Land (a Finnish Magnolia story, very well told that is)
5. Gabrielle (psychologically great and supurb acting)
6. The Sun (very subtle with loads of amusing and humoristic details)
7. Nuit Noire (high emotional impact docu-film on racism in 1961 in France)
8. Three Times (three generations struggling with love with interesting comparisons between timezones)
9. The Three Burials of Mesquiades Estrada (funny, original and intelligent)
10. Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul (some great captivating and enchanting music (fasil and Kurdish folklore)
There was also a great movie on videocameras, privacy and mobile devices called Unrequited Love (UK). Somehow detailed information on this movie is not available as yet.
Thanks to all directors and the whole IFFR 2006 organization. I can not wait to see the 2007 festival !
And guess what? There will be small IFFR festival in the summer of 2006 (premiere) :-)))